Warehouse Logistics Manager
Posted 16th November negotiable Belfast, County Antrim # PM898201
Warehouse Logistics Manager | Belfast | £35-40K
Vickerstock are currently working in partnership with one of our Leading FMCG Clients based in Belfast with the recruitment of a Warehouse Logistics Manager.
As Warehouse Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for managing the warehousing, logistics and customer service teams. These teams handle the needs of our Clients customers throughout the UK and Ireland from their established network of distribution depots in a safe and efficient manner.
Your new role as a Warehouse Logistics Manager
You will proactively drive tactical excellence in receiving, sales order picking and packing, shipping, manpower planning, value added services and quality assurance. You will develop relationships with our transport supplier and customer base and ensure an exceptional standard of customer service and continuous improvement is maintained.
- Manage individual compliance to company policies and operational requirements
- Monitoring and providing performance statistics for warehouse activities
- Leading, motivating and training of team(including recruitment, delivering one to one's, appraisals, performance management)
- Ensure that warehouse equipment is well maintained and relevant inspections are scheduled to remain compliant
- Investigate and under-performing areas and take a proactive approach to rectification
- Overseeing the receipt, coordination and safety of goods coming through the warehouse
- Ensuring that orders arrive and are despatched on time
- Managing a team of warehouse staff and plan all labour resource levels ensuring efficiency at all times
- Overseeing stock control and ensure efficient levels and accuracy are maintained
- Ensuring quality objectives are met, whilst meeting delivery deadlines
- Playing an active role in continuous improvement projects to increase efficiency within the warehouse
What you will need to succeed as a Warehouse Logistics Manager
As this is a pivotal role within the business the successful Warehouse Logistics Manager must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience in a similar role within Warehousing and/or Transport Logistics within FMCG environment
- In-depth understanding of how EU operates in terms of current legislation, shipping and documentation requirements for importing and exporting products
- Excellent knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems
- Success and previous active involvement in Warehouse improvement projects and strategic planning
- Strong people management skills and experience in developing teams
- Excellent knowledge of Inventory and Stock Management processes and methods
- You will have strong problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Resilient, confident and relish the opportunity to show not what you can achieve but what your team can achieve too.
- Flexibility to work evenings + Saturdays and to travel throughout UK & Ireland when required.
- HND/Degree level qualification in Warehousing, Transport/Logistics
- NEBOSH / IOSH / NVQ Level 3 Management would be advantageous
- Track record of implementing lean tool and techniques
What we have to offer:
- Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
- Hours: Monday to Friday (flexibility to work evenings + Saturdays and to travel throughout UK & Ireland when required).
- Excellent opportunity to join a leading business with a solid development and progression plan.
What to do next:
Please contact Paul to discuss this or other FMCG opportunities in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.