Value Stream Lead
Posted 14th February £ 40,000 - £ 45,000 Belfast, County Antrim # WW897318
We are currently working alongside a Global Leading Manufacturing client to recruit a Value Stream Leader based in the Greater Belfast Area.
As the Value Stream Leader you will be responsible for 24 Direct and Indirect reports.
What is in it for you?
- £40 - £45k
- Flexible holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Career progression
Your new role as a Value Stream Leader;
- Leads their Value Stream in daily operations and continuous improvements.
- Meet their Value Stream production goals and achieve daily linear production in support of S&OP by effective management of scheduling, material, and personnel:
- Manages a team to ensure all products are complete to required quality standards, documented accurately and delivered to the production schedule.
- Directs scheduling to meet production delivery targets.
- Sets the sequencing of work, such as build and delivery, to optimize productivity.
- Leads materials and logistics problem resolution to ensure availability of materials and smooth operations.
- Manages multiple cells' personnel loading, performance and productivity to maximize output and quality.
- Lead problem solving activity including root cause analysis and corrective action as required ensuring NCP and RMA targets are met.
- Manage WIP, inventory levels, KAN ban signals, slow moving and obsolete materials
- Manage day-day employee relations activity including hiring, training, objective setting, development and performance management.
- Meets with the employees regularly, reflecting on problems, solutions, and challenges, thereby creating a culture of continuous improvement and contributing towards becoming a learning organization.
- Emphasizes the creation of continuous product flow, utilize pull systems where flow is not currently possible, and works to level the workload.
- Ensure that standard work is followed through periodic audits and implementation of an auditing system in conjunction with relevant E&Q personnel.
- Drive all Lean activities within the Value Stream including 5S, Process Mapping, Flow Methods (Pull, Kanban), Gemba Walks, Standard Work and Visual Management.
- Instills and maintains a positive can-do team atmosphere within the Value Stream; holding regular team meetings and assigning team member's tasks and coordinate support services needed outside the team.
- Ensures effective cross-training for the Value Stream Associates, including backups from other areas, to assure a continuous smooth running of the Value Stream.
- Ensure that all equipment is operational, in good working order and safe
- Support all environmental & Health and Safety activity.
What you will need to succeed as a Value Stream Leader;
- Third level qualification in an engineering /science discipline
- Proven track record in effective team management with an ability to lead change and engage people.
- Demonstrable ability to use business metrics to drive business results
- Experience in Continuous Improvement through execution of Lean Manufacturing principles (6- Sigma, Process Excellence, Kaïzen, etc.)
- Root Cause and Corrective Action problem solving skill, Green Belt preferred.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence by sending an updated CV via the link on the page.
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.