Time Study / Industrial Engineer
Posted 7th May negotiable Newry, County Down # PM897583
Time-Study / Industrial Engineer (3-6month contract)| Newry | Immediate start
Vickerstock are working in partnership with a leading FMCG business to source a Time-Study / Industrial Engineer on a 3-6month contract for their Newry site.
Working alongside the CI Manager the objective of the Time Study / Industrial Engineer is to plan the utilisation of facilities, equipment, materials, and personnel to improve efficiency of operations.
Your new role as an Time Study / Industrial Engineer;
- Develop work measurement procedures and direct time-and-motion studies to promote efficient and economical utilisation of personnel and facilities
- Conduct observation and analysis of personnel and work procedures to determine time-and-motion requirements of job duties.
- Analyse work force utilisation, facility layout, and operational data
- Apply mathematical analysis to determine validity and reliability of sampling and work study statistics.
- Apply principles of industrial engineering and applied psychology to evaluate work methods proposals and to develop recommendations to management affecting work methods, wage rates, and budget decisions.
- Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency, reorganising work-flow, relocating work stations and equipment.
- Identify areas that drive facility's performance improvements while assisting in the advancement of the lean culture within the organisation.
- Input information to the technical database including all shared learning's from improvements, routines and problem solving.
What you will need to succeed as an Time Study / Industrial Engineer;
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Science/Maths
- Experience and or Education focused on lean manufacturing processes
- Proven recent experience in a similar role
- Available Evening/Night shifts - 2.30pm to11pm or 9.30pm to 5.30am
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Computer literate
What we have to offer;
- Immediate start
- Competitive hourly rate
- Onsite parking
- Progressive business
What we hope you will do next;
Contact Paul Muir to discuss this in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.