Technical Services Officer
Posted 9th May £ 18,000 - £ 24,000 County Antrim # HN896421
TECHNICAL SERVICE OFFICER
Starting salary of £18 - £24k (depending on experience)
Our client is an established manufacturer based in the County Antrim area and due to growth, they are now looking for a Technical Service Officer. Joining the Technical Services department, the successful candidate will report to the Technical Service Manager
Full time permanent position at 37.5 hours per week:
Mon: Thurs 8:15 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.
Fri: 8:15 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
The Technical Service Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining familiarity with all aspects of the company's ranges of products, including relevant legislation, product applications and good practices in use
- Generating general and specific information in support of products and their uses.
- Developing specifications, design proposals and required detailing relevant for successful product use
- Providing support for sales, commercial, and marketing functions
- Evaluation of competitor information, materials, systems and product uses
- Maintaining documentation efficiently and to a high standard of accuracy
- Lead the process of design and assist with the development and testing required for product development through to third party certification
- Provide machine, component and layout / installation drawings required for process development, equipment installation and modification in support of production and engineering departments
- Contribute to improvements in service, processes, productivity and quality of manufacture of product ranges
- Assist with other functions of the Technical Service Department as necessary and any other duties as may be reasonably required.
Essential criteria for the Technical Services Officer
- 3rd level qualification within an engineering / technical subject - Ideally with a year out
- Good working knowledge of windows-based packages e.g. Microsoft Office - Especially Excel
- Logical approach to problem solving with good innovative skills and attentive to detail
- Drive and determination with the will to succeed
Desirable criteria for the Technical Services Officer
- 1+ years relevant and demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Proficient with AutoCAD or similar software
- Proficient with SharePoint or similar software
Contact Hugh Nugent to discuss this, or other similar job opportunities in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page.
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.