SENIOR QUALITY MANAGER (£60-80K +BONUS)
Posted 4th November £ 60,000 - £ 80,000 County Tyrone # HN898139a
SENIOR QUALITY MANAGER (£60-80K +BONUS) CO TYRONE
SENIOR QUALITY MANAGER
FULL TIME PERMANENT POSITION
MON TO FRI - EARLY FINISH ON A FRIDAY
PACKAGE IN THE £60-80K REGION PLUS A HEALTHY BONUS
Our Client who operates within the screening and crushing industry has the requirement for a Senior Quality Manager to strategically lead all quality operations across their multiple sites. The Senior Quality Manager will have strategic responsibility for implementing a Quality strategy and strategic operational goals to exceed customer expectations for product quality, optimising production quality levels and supporting operational excellence. They will work closely with internal and external stakeholders including Sales, Engineering and Aftermarket regarding technical support of their activities.
They are responsible for all areas of the Quality function and provide support within operations. They will lead and develop the Quality Management System, striving for best in class products and business practices to deliver the customers' expectations, managing teams and quality improvement projects across the business.
THE ROLE OF SENIOR QUALITY MANAGER:
- Create and implement a best practice quality vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Ensure that quality strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of quality targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market and in a sustained manner.
- Lead and manage the quality function from new product conception through to warranty analysis to ensure a proactive culture so that customers receive the product to the highest standard of quality possible.
- Development of the PDI process across multiple sites.
- Establish quality and reliability standards by studying industry benchmarks and the requirements of customers and research/design and development, and define the metrics required to assess performance against standards required.
- Actively lead in the reduction of customer complaints, warranty, cost of quality and in-house scrap and waste.
- Develop cross functional focus groups to drive an improved quality culture.
- Look for quality improvements within the full product lifecycle - from design to manufacturing process as well as working with the Sales team to develop order standards. Work closely with the Aftermarket teams on customer feedback and warranty issues.
- Work closely with Operations to gain feedback, utilise resources, and create visuals to support the Quality strategy along with a reduction in quality issues prior to the PDI process
- Develop the Quality Management System, updating procedures and train team members where required.
- Support in the implementation and development of ISO Quality standards.
- Complete any special projects as required. May be assigned to other areas of Operations, based on business or customer requirements.
- Define the departmental structure and team requirements for the relevant department in span of control.
- Motivate, develops and coach departmental staff to ensure best performance at all times.
- Responsible for agreeing and monitoring performance targets in line with efficiency rates.
- Maintain good relationships with clients and suppliers.
- Implements best practices processes and working instructions for the Quality teams.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Quality Team including vendor, in-process and PDI teams
- Lead, manage, control and develop all employees (including SOM, absence, performance management, grievances and Health and Safety Training) using SMART objectives during regular review and feedback meetings.
- Works closely with relevant functional areas and assigns resources to business improvement projects.
- Encourage involvement in cross functional teams and company initiatives (Health and safety, charity, problem solving teams).
- Assess and evaluate training needs of direct reports, ensure training and development needs are met within departmental plans
REQUIRED FOR THE SENIOR QUALITY MANAGER:
- Proven experience in leading and Quality team in a very similar environment (5+ years' experience at this level), with a proven track record in strategic quality leadership in a manufacturing environment with proven successful leadership experience in this industry
- Strong organizational, planning and negotiating skills are required
- Possess an appropriate qualification in Quality Management
- Working knowledge of the introduction and management of ISO standards
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Proven ability to coordinate projects to successful completion
- Strong collaboration and team building skills
- Be an effective team player at a senior level, engaging fully in development opportunities with members of the SMT
- Outstanding communication (oral/written) skills required
- Must be proficient in MS Office (including, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
If this role is of interest contact Hugh Nugent to discuss this in absolute confidence or send an updated CV via the link on the page.
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.