Senior Commercial Vehicle Tchnician
Posted 10th September Newry, County Down # WW897887
Senior Commercial Vehicle Technician
40 hours per week
Vickerstock are currently working alongside a leading provider of heavy commercial vehicles to recruit an experienced, fulltime, Senior Commercial Vehicle Technician to join their team in Newry.
As a successful Senior Commercial Vehicle Technician, you will be responsible for completing vehicle fleet inspections, diagnostic testing and carrying out service, maintenance and repairs where required of the vehicles.
Your new role as Senior Commercial Vehicle Technician;
- General servicing, fault finding, working on electrics and carrying out strips and rebuilds
- Carry out repairs according to manufacturer's procedures
- Act as a mentor in the fault diagnosis process
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair
- Work with the parts team to ensure correct replacement parts are fitted to vehicles
- Road test vehicles if required (if holder of an HGV licence)
- Assist with Roadside breakdowns when required
- Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to Workshop Supervisor
- Ensure service sheets are completed as per Company instructions
- Ensure Company time recording processes are complied with and job cards are completely accurately
- Support the development of apprentices and trainees when required
What you'll need to succeed as a Senior Commercial Vehicle Technician;
- Time Served technician with a strong electrical and diagnostics skillset
- Relevant bus, truck and trailer experience necessary
- Insist on the highest quality of workmanship
- Have a desire to achieve 'right first time' on all workmanship
- Be reliable and have excellent timekeeping and attendance records
If this role is of interest contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence by sending an updated CV via the link on the page or telephone on 02890 313720.
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.