Quality Engineer (Ballymena)
Posted 29th July £ 30,000 - £ 40,000 Ballymena, County Antrim # DMV897748
EXPERIENCED QUALITY ENGINEER (BALLYMENA)
Experienced Quality Engineer (Ballymena)
Full Time Permanent
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8am-5pm. 40 hours per week. Flexibility is required to work additional hours if needed
Job Code: HN897748
On Offer for the successful Quality Engineer:
- £30-40K basic
- Performance Related Pay (PRP)
- Healthcare scheme
- Company sick pay
- Shopping discount scheme
- Free car parking
- Cycle to work scheme
Our client is a Precast Concrete manufacturer near Ballymena who supply into civil infrastructure, agriculture and building customers across the UK & Ireland
They have a requirement for an experienced Quality Engineer to join their Quality & Technical team in ensuring processes needed for the integrated management system are properly established, implemented and maintained. The successful Quality Engineer will drive quality throughout all aspects of the business, ensuring that systems, procedures and policies are adhered to whilst striving for continuous improvement.
The key responsibilities of the role include:-
- Responsible for the integrated Quality Management System including plans, procedures, guides, templates, training materials and tools by providing guidance and review / comment.
- Identifying, planning and conducting surveillance checks and audits to verify that management system and work processes are being properly performed, that the processes are delivering their intended outputs, and that evidence to demonstrate this is retained. Coordinating both internal and external auditing processes.
- Preparation of deliverables such as Quality Plans, Inspection & Test Plans, Work Procedures, Material Approval Forms, Quality checklist Templates, Handover Reports, including deliverables prepared by Suppliers.
- Identify and investigate non-conformances in products and processes. Facilitate root cause analysis, investigate and lead the team in identifying solutions ensuring corrective and preventive actions are properly defined and implemented.
- Intervene when the quality of work is at risk or has been affected, and escalate to senior management level as appropriate to ensure proper resolution
- Provide input and comment on quality requirements for procurement packages.
- Participate in risk management and lessons learned and support the implementation of the quality management system through quality training and coaching.
- Report on the performance of the management system, on opportunities for improvement, and on the need for change or innovation and provide regular reports to inform of current issues and actions, and their status.
What you'll need to secure the role
- A minimum of 4 years' Quality Engineering experience in similar industry; were full quality testing analysis of inbound and outbound liquids/powders/materials is required
- Past proven experience of internal and externals audits
- A background in working within a busy factory environment with onsite experience also preferred
- Willingness to develop expertise in carrying out necessary tests and analysis
- Ideally have a good understanding of construction quality standards
If this role is of interest contact Vickerstock to discuss this in absolute confidence or send an updated CV via the link on the page.
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.