Quality Assurance Auditor
Posted 16th May Craigavon, County Armagh # PM896144
Quality Assurance Auditor │ Craigavon
Job Ref: PM896144
Vickerstock are currently assisting a leading food manufacturing client with the hire of an experienced QA Auditor to join their technical team. The successful QA will report directly to the firms Quality Assurance Manager.
Your new role:
The successful candidate's main purpose will be implementing, auditing and providing the continuous improvement of the Quality Assurance System by providing support to the Production, Maintenance and Hygiene teams. Ensuring that all products are produced safely to meet qualitative and legislative standards by taking any corrective action required to guarantee that products ae maintained within specification.
What you will be responsible for:
The Quality Assurance Auditor will be responsible for the following duties within the role:
- Auditing of factory environment (including hygiene / cleaning activities), processes, products and records to verify the business is operating to agreed standards and procedures, and identify discrepancies, agreeing action plans with the Manager responsible to correct any non-conformances / prevent re-occurrences.
- Reporting of factory technical status and issues of non-compliance.
- Product quality day to day. In Despatch / On-Line / at Taste Panel etc.
- Maintenance of Quality Assurance System - Retrievability of process and quality records to verify product Specification, quality, safety and due diligence. Continuous improvement and internal auditing of procedures, records, product and hygiene specifications, cleaning effectiveness, stock management, crate / trolley / tray wash effectiveness and photographic standards. Auditing may be both in the local business and as part of the independent auditing team.
- Auditing of HACCP system to guarantee product safety e.g.: nut and glass policies.
- Traceability of all ingredients through to finished products to customer deliveries - including forward and backward traceability exercises.
- Performance of critical tasks to maintain the Quality System e.g. thermal process validation, calibration and temperature monitoring etc.
- Provide Technical guidance and support to other departments (particularly Production / Hygiene / Engineering), encouraging understanding and awareness. Provide specific training as required.
- Participation in operational problem solving, technical / hygiene problem solving, and project work as allocated.
- To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
- Any other duties as may be required to fulfil the needs of the role.
What you will need to succeed:
The Quality Assurance Auditor must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree/HND/A-Level (Food) or experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of HACCP, BRC Standards, Food Legislation and Food Hygiene
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, PP and Excel)
- Intermediate certificate in Applied HACCP principles
What we have to offer:
Hours: 3 week shift pattern (Rotational days/weekends and evenings)
Your next step:
Please contact Paul Muir to discuss this in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.