Production Team Leader
Posted 10th March £ 22,000 - £ 23,000 Wales # PM897432
Production Team Leader Ref: 897432 | Wales
Vickerstock are delighted to be working in partnership with our leading Food Manufacturing client based in Wales with the recruitment of an experienced Production Team Leader.
Your new role:
The Production Team Leader provides effective support in running production lines in accordance with product specification, company standards and procedures regarding Hygiene, Safety, Quality, Quantity and Cost
The role will have responsibility for providing leadership, direction and support to General Operatives within the team. Working closely with the Management Team the Production Team Leader will have responsibility for the efficiency and effectiveness of the team as well as the Quality of the product produced by the team
The post holder will have departmental responsibility for
- Production Line Performance - KPI.
- Production Line Standards in Quality, Safety and Process.
- Employee Performance & Development.
- Delivering on Company Mission, Vision & Values.
- Supporting Room Leader and the Management of the shift.
- Providing leadership, direction and support to Senior & General Operatives within the team in order to achieve agreed targets and deadlines.
- Working closely with the Management Team to drive efficiency and effectiveness within the department, while ensuring that we maintain Quality standards and adherence to specifications.
- Carry out Team Briefing at the start of each shift, ensuring KPI's are discussed and issues resolved.
- Responsible for line being ready to commence manufacturing at the start of the shift and run in accordance with standard run rates, including pre-start up checks and reporting any labour issues immediately to the Shift Manager.
- Plan, organise and manage labour resources to ensure the Production Plan is met.
- Work constructively with all department; Food Safety & Quality, Engineering, NPD, HR & H&S
- Maintain Health, Safety, Hygiene and food quality standards in accordance with Company rules and regulations.
What you will need to succeed as a Production Team Leader
- Proven track record in a similar role, ideally from within a food manufacturing environment.
- Have a clear understanding of food hygiene, food safety, HACCP, health and safety and quality systems.
- Results driven and ability to improve performance within the department.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to drive performance and develop the team
- Possess excellent organisational skills with ability to plan workloads effectively to meet deadlines.
- Be able to demonstrate Leadership skills, be confident and committed and able to accept responsibility.
- Have strong communication skills, both verbal and written in English is essential in this role as is the ability to operate computers and computer software.
- Be able to develop effective working relationships with all departments
(Further specifics available upon application).
What we have to offer:
Hours: either Shift A or Shift B
A: Sun 6am-6pm | Mon 6am-6.30pm | Tue, Wed + Thu 3pm-11pm
B: Tue, Wed + Thu 6am-2pm | Fri 6am-6.30pm | Sat 6am-6pm
Hourly Rate: Team Leaders £11.02 p/h
What we hope you do next:
Please contact Paul to discuss the Production Team Leader role in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.