Production Supervisor/Team Lead
Posted 14th October £ 30,000 - £ 30,000 Bangor, County Down # PM897613
Production Supervisor/Team Lead (Food) | Bangor
Vickerstock are delighted to be working in partnership with one of Northern Ireland's Leading Manufacturing Clients - for both the retail and food service markets - with the recruitment of a Production Supervisor/Team Lead. This is an exciting time to join a growing business with an excellent reputation for Quality.
As the successful Production Supervisor/Team Lead you will manage a small team of staff to ensure that all operational procedures, quality standards and goals are achieved.
- Oversee the production process and draw up production schedules and adjust accordingly
- Plan best use of department resources including staff and materials
- Accountability for team and departmental KPIs to maximise production efficiencies, to include - Waste, Man hours, Downtime, Utilisation, Technical Audits, Micro, Yields, Reduce giveaway
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Health & Safety Legislation to include Risk Assessments and drawing up safe systems of work
- Ensure that the production is cost effective (efficient long runs)
- Monitor product standards and adhere to quality control programmes
- Produce reports on Production, Maintenance and Audit response when required
- Participation in Continuous Improvement project work
- Liaise with departmental supervisors to plan despatch
- Assign cleaning tasks at end of shift
- Participate in recruitment and selection, review employee performance, training of staff and complete training records.
- Identify training needs and completion of 12week training signoff
- Monitor and control staff breaks, holidays, sickness absence, return to works.
- Reporting of breach of company policies, participation in investigations and first stage disciplinary.
- Step up to Operations Manager role for holiday / absence cover.
NOTE: This is a very hands-on role and will require the Production Supervisor/Team Lead (Food) to be directly involved in mixing, cover machines for breaks, participation in clean downs etc.
What you'll need to succeed as Production Supervisor/Team Lead (Food)
- Performance driven with a proven track record of success in FMCG processing environment.
- Strong people management skills
- Knowledge of food processing
- Consumer and customer focused.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Numerate and possessing good analytical skills, with experience of working with production statistics, variances, KPIs etc.
- Lead by example
- Energetic, enthusiastic with a 'can do' approach
- Physically fit due to hands on nature of role
- 3rd level food related qualification
- Full UK Driving Licence
NOTE: This role would suit a strong Production Supervisor wanting to take the next step in their Managerial career
What we have to offer:
- Salary: £30K plus bonus
- Business experiencing growth
What to do next:
Please contact Paul to discuss this or other FMCG opportunities in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.