Production Shift Manager
Posted 7th February £ 35,000 - £ 35,000 Wales # PM897431
Production Shift Manager Ref: 897431 | Wales
Vickerstock are delighted to be working in partnership with our leading Food Manufacturing client based in Wales with the recruitment of an experienced Production Shift Manager.
The Production Shift Manager is accountable for leading an area of responsibility to achieve performance of the factory ensuring operational effectiveness is maximized, ensuring KPIs are met, high technical standards are maintained and quality standards are achieved, through the development of people, processes and systems
The role leads the team to manufacture in a way that achieves and exceeds quality specifications, cost standards and full delivery of order plan, and in addition to delivering these results, ensures the continuous development of employees, improves processes and oversees compliance with company standards, with overall accountability for the department in all areas
Your new role:
As Production Shift Manager you will have departmental responsibility for:
- Production Area Performance - KPI
- Yield / Waste / Regrade / Quality / Safety / Efficiency / Labour variance
- Employee Performance, Room Leaders, Team Leaders, Senior Operatives
- Audit Compliance and Close out
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all functions including Engineering, Stores, Health & Safety, Production, Technical, Planning, Purchasing, Finance, Sales, NPD and HR.
- Delivering the production plan efficiently across the area you are responsible for, maximising yield and minimising downtime and waste.
- Inspire the team to achieve volume, positive yield variance and general cost ambitions whilst ensuring quality standards are exceeded.
- Support the Management in the identification, development and implementation of relevant departmental projects and initiatives.
- Maintaining an efficient productive department whilst adhering to all Environmental, Health & Safety and Quality Standards laid out in departmental and site policies and procedures.
- Clarify the roles, responsibilities and accountabilities for your supervisors, line leaders and operatives so they fully understand performance and application expectations in their role.
What you will need to succeed as a Production Shift Manager
- Proven experience at management level within a food manufacturing facility
- Demonstrate an understanding of operating with integrity, of quality processes and systems and has high standards of compliance and quality
- Food Safety Level 3 qualification.
- Demonstrates financial understanding and business acumen.
- Strong focus on needs of the customer and consumer together with a strong understanding of the processes and procedures needed to be implemented to achieve these needs.
- Maintaining production and quality standards laid down by the business, whilst ensuring that they are fully trained on Lean Manufacturing Practice and Continuous Improvement Processes
- Knowledgeable and trained in people management practices including investigations, Disciplinary and Grievance procedures, Performance Management and Recruitment & Selection processes.
- Oversees compliance whilst demonstrating an understanding and awareness of HSE requirements. IOSHH trained.
- Possesses relevant IT literacy.
(Further specifics available upon application).
What we have to offer:
Tue, Wed + Thu 4pm-11.30pm
What we hope you do next:
Please contact Paul to discuss the Production Shift Manager in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.