Posted 12th February negotiable Craigavon, County Armagh # PM897407 (1)
Procurement Specialist (Food)
Vickerstock are currently assisting a leading food manufacturing client - supplier to food retailers, caterers and food processing companies with an emphasis on Quality, Taste and Value for money - with the hire of a Procurement Specialist to aid with their continued expansion.
Your new role:
As the successful Procurement Specialist you will work closely with the Procurement Manager in the effective management of procurement and supply.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Procurement planning and forecasting
- Profitably sourcing and procuring product in line with volume, specification and budget requirements
- Supplier management including price negotiations and agreeing payment
- Developing and maintaining effective business relationships with producers, suppliers and growers
- Maintaining good supplier/market awareness, including data analysis
- Accurate and timely completion of purchase orders
- Transport planning and management (goods inward)
- Store management
- Stock replenishment, rotation and residency
What you will need to succeed:
- 3rd Level qualification
- Experience in a procurement/buying/commercial role, preferably within the Agri Food Industry
- Ability to complete tasks to a high standard with excellent attention to detail
- Strong numeracy, literacy and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Pro-active, practical approach to problem solving and decision making
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately within in a fast paced working environment
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Excellent I.T. skills - MS Office with strong competence in Excel
- Willingness to travel (G.B. /R.O.I.) from time to time.
What we have to offer:
Hours: Monday to Friday 7.45am-5.20pm (40hrs flexibility required)
Contact Paul Muir to discuss this or other Procurement/Buyer opportunities in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page.
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.