Process Engineer | County Antrim
Posted 15th July County Antrim # WW897683
Process Engineer | County Antrim
Hours of work - 8.00am / 7.30am to 5.00pm / 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am / 7.30am to 2.30pm / 2:00pm on Friday with 30 minutes for lunch.
Aptitude and practical tests will be used as part of the selection process
This is a permanent role
Reporting to the Production Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical leadership to sustain and improve operations. You will execute and standardise processes for machine set-ups, tooling changeovers and other department processes. You will troubleshoot and solve problems impacting capacity, quality, efficiency, delivery, environmental compliance, and safety. You will perform cost analysis, identify cost savings opportunities, and plan continuous improvement projects, as well as establish and maintain metrics and key performance indicators (KPI's).
Your new role as Process Engineer
- Monitoring and analysing operating data from the manufacturing process using statistical tools, both proactively (statistical quality/process control) and reactively (troubleshooting);
- Injection Moulding Process engineering including tooling design, GA Reviews, mould flow analysis
- Maintaining process documentation, including process flow diagrams, operating instructions, training documentation
- Assisting in co-ordinating the implementation of and commissioning of any new machinery within the department.
- Ensuring correct and safe operation of same, before it is officially handed over to production personnel
- Ensuring equipment is introduced that produces quality parts and meets company philosophies of TPM
- Being responsible for improvements to the current processing parameters/techniques, with a view to employing new systems/methods necessary in the efficient production of all products;
- Leading in the processing of any trials required within the department. Full feedback of the trial results will be required for the Technical and Quality Assurance Departments, with required samples.
What you'll need to succeed as Process Engineer
- The suitable candidate will hold a Technical or Engineering Qualification with at least 3 years' experience in an Injection Moulding processing role.
- HNC or equivalent in a manufacturing or plastics-related subject.
To secure the role you will need the following skills and experience.
- An ability to generate tool trials reports and process capability data, corrective action reports, including overall planning for trial/supplier timing plans, other presentation materials;
- Have the ability to contribute / lead improvement teams. Manage supplier's performance/selection;
- Be able to review & Critique / make recommendation from mould design projects;
- Have proven experience in the procurement of injection moulding tooling / equipment & introduction from design / feasibility to production readiness;
- Be proficient in the use of Windows & CAD.
A competitive salary and benefits within a well established and progressive company.
If this role is of interest contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence or send an updated CV via the link on the page.
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.