MAINTENANCE ENGINEERS (LURGAN)
Posted 15th July Lurgan, County Armagh # WW897587
Portadown / Lurgan
Full time permanent position
£38K with extensive opportunity for extensive overtime bringing you in the early to mid £40K's (Breakdown on this is below)
Our client is a large home grown food firm in the Portadown / Lurgan area who have continued to see profit and stability through the current climate. They now are seeking to strengthen their maintenance team with an addition of an experienced Maintenance Engineer (They may possibly have 2 roles - TBC).
The current team consists of 9 Maintenance Technicians (multiskilled), a Buildings Maintenance Technician, Stores/Purchasing Controller, an Engineer, Senior Engineer and is overall managed by a hands on Engineering Manager who very much is a peoples manager who is known for looking after his team.
The role is carrying out reactive maintenance, PPM, completion of worklist jobs, project work and site service/utility works across the site. Ensuring that equipment is functioning as a priority service to production. Taking instruction from Maintenance Supervisor and Chargehand you will liaise with members of the Maintenance team, company departments (Production, Technical, NPD etc), Management, contractors and suppliers. Share and pass on knowledge to colleagues to raise the standard of good working practices.
- Reactive maintenance tasks (breakdowns, machine set up etc).
- Planned preventative maintenance jobs (500 items to yearly plan).
- General worklist jobs.
- Work on engineering projects (major CAPEX and smaller types).
- Monitor/work on site services/utilities.
- Completion of work records for above tasks.
- To work in a safe and responsible manner in compliance with company Food Safety and H&S policies and procedures.
- To be/become knowledgeable in all aspects of factory equipment.
- To make improvements to equipment to improve efficiency of operation.
- Availability for work shifts in accordance with department rotas.
- Mon to Fri 8am to 4.30pm - Plus one (overtime paid) evening every 2 weeks, to cover production up to 8pm
- Weekend days (Sat & Sun) - Approx. 19 - 20 days in total a year (entitled to take day in lieu off during the week)
- Nightshift - Preordained approx 10 weeks (Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed/Thur nights - start time from 8 to 10.30pm, finish 8am.
- Weekend on call - Fri night/Sat night - approx. 5 weekends a year
All planned on yearly rota and divided as equally as possible with a fair amount of flexibility with the current technicians and engineers being very happy with it and its certainly preferred by them over continental shifts.
28 days/year (Only 3 days are compulsory to take with the rest being flexible - Xmas day, Boxing day, New Year's day the factory is closed)
Current basic hourly rate***£15.50 - reviewed annually
Authorised overtime (after 4.30pm)***time and a half
Authorised overtime (before 11.30pm for nightshift)***time and a half
Weekend days***time and a half
Nightshift***+30% shift premium for 8 hours (+50% or any hours over 8 each night)
Weekend on-call***Approx. £160 per weekend + 3 hours pay at basic rate for every callout.
This translates to a basic yearly gross of £38,000 for the minimum work rota averaging 41.4 hours per week (equates to an average hourly rate of £17.65) - Although a number of the team appreciate the extra overtime hours / money and frequently see yearly salaries into the early to mid £40K's
This vacancy is of interest (or maybe you have a friend or co-worker that might be interested?), then please apply directly to Warren Watson today in confidence or call him on 02890 313720
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.