LEAD QUALITY ENGINEER (NORTH CO. DERRY £35-40K)
Posted 5th January £ 35,000 - £ 40,000 Londonderry, County Londonderry # HN898311
LEAD QUALITY ENGINEER (NORTH CO. DERRY £35-40K)
"Excellent opportunity for that experienced quality engineer from the Derry area that wants less daily travel time/cost and a step up to a more senior role for the new year!"
LEAD QUALITY ENGINEER
East of Derry / Londonderry City
£35-40k Depending on Experience
Full Time Permanent Role Monday To Friday
Our client is a small to medium Engineering firm who supply heavy duty metal fabricated products to their local and international customers. The latter half of 2020 they have seen a strong step up in business that has gone well into next year for confirmed orders - they have a strong forecast for 2021. It is with this strength of business that they are seeking to hire an experienced Lead Quality Engineer who has a proven skillset within heavy metal fabrication and welding environments.
The successful lead Quality Engineer will work alongside manufacturing to improve operational performance through the planning and coordination of manufacturing quality activities and improvement programmes.
They will ensure that all products are manufactured to relevant international standard(s) and meet or exceed customer needs. The successful Lead Quality Engineer will also report directly to the Managing Director
The role of Lead Quality Engineer:
- To establish/support quality policies and procedures that are followed throughout the business that contribute to consistent high-class performance in all areas
- Responsible for incoming inspection of raw materials and liaising with purchasing/vendors on quality issues/performance
- Ensuring product testing is conducted at all stages of manufacturing and coordinating product release documentation
- Carry out investigations into product non-conformance using appropriate problem solving tools, monitoring effectiveness of corrective actions implemented and maintenance of appropriate records
- Working with manufacturing departments to assist in maintaining quality in production
· Performing analysis of chemical raw materials
· Conducting calibration (in-process)
· Performing final inspection
· Final Product Release
- Act upon internal and external NRFT issues with timely containment and robust sustainable corrective actions through root RCCA investigations with use of problem solving tools.
- Develop, promote and lead continuous improvement activities
- Carry out internal QMS audits, ensure that any NCRs raised are satisfactorily responded to and verify the effectiveness of resulting corrective actions
- Lead and participate in customer audits
- Ensure that all documentation conforms to industry / customer quality standards & supports customer product needs.
- Monitor and report on quality-related key performance indicators including right first time, on time delivery and number of reworks.
- Participate in the development and updating of Process FMEA's
- Give quality input during New Product Introduction gave reviews and ensure that the appropriate quality criteria as well as process limitations are understood
- Develop and monitor production line/business unit performance metrics and initiate improvement plans when appropriate
- Lead and participate in supplier and in house improvement events
- Manage and support as appropriate internal and customer FAI's, ensuring that quality requirements are clearly defined
- Represent the business with customers and regulatory authorities with the objective of inspiring confidence and enabling positive cooperation in the quality of products and services provided
- To comply with the company's site rules and procedures at all times
- To comply with the company's Health & Safety Policy and use of PPE at all times.
- To comply with the requirements of the Integrated Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety Management system at all times (ISO)
- Any other reasonable duties which may be assigned to you by your manager.
Essential Criteria for the Lead Quality Engineer
- Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline
- Minimum of 4 year's relevant Quality Engineering experience particularly within an Engineering and Welding manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate experience of completing problem solving activities using methods such as 8D etc - Working knowledge of lean principles
- Experience of root cause analysis and corrective action and use of tools such as PFMEA
- Understanding and use of APQP/PPAP
- In depth knowledge and application of ISO 9001/ ISO 3834 standards
If this role is of interest contact Hugh Nugent to discuss this in absolute confidence or send an updated CV via the link on the page.
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.