Posted 13th October £ 30,000 - £ 35,000 Portadown, County Armagh # PM897174
Vickerstock are proud to be working in partnership with our client based in the Portadown area with the recruitment of an experienced Hygiene Manager.
The successful Hygiene Manager responsibilities will include, the application of all Safe working practices, driving the hygiene throughout all operational areas of the business, ensuring the safety of the product
Your new role as a Hygiene Manager;
- Ensure all aspects of the hygiene service are carried out and maintained to the required standard
- Manage the hygiene budget and ensure all expenditure is authorised and recorded
- Manage the ordering and stock control of hygiene consumables and chemical
- Maintain detailed cleaning instructions and schedules for every hygiene activity that meet the requirements of the BRC food safety standard
- Be responsible for the effective delivery of the in-house laundry operation
- Conduct compliance audits/inspections of internal hygiene standards and documentation
- Provide training and awareness for all hygiene and waste handling staff in all procedures relevant to their role
- Manage the external waste contractors and ensure they always operate in a legally compliant and safe manner including retaining copies of all appropriate waste licences and duty of care documentation
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff
- Ensure that all team members pursue safe working practices and all accident and reporting procedures
What you will need to succeed as a Hygiene Manager;
- Minimum 5 years managerial experience, preferably within Food Manufacturing
- Previous experience within a food manufacturing environment would be beneficial
- You will have working knowledge of GMP and HACCP
- Relevant food and health and safety qualifications- e.g. IOSH, HACCP level 3
- You will be diligent and be an effective communicator
- You will have your own transport
- You will be required from time to time to travel between multiple sites (Portadown and Saintfield)
- You will have a third level qualification in a food related discipline
What's in it for you;
- Salary: £30 - 35K per annum
- 5 out of 7 days - must include a Saturday.
- 33 inclusive holidays per year - 31 plus 2 customary days which are Xmas day and new year's day.
- On-site parking
- On site canteen.
What we hope you do next:
Please contact Paul to discuss the Hygiene Manager in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.