Posted 8th October negotiable Belfast, County Antrim # JM899011
HSEQ Manager / Health & Safety Lead
Belfast, County Antrim
Through working in partnership with other business leaders, The HSEQ Manager will partner with the Business Unit Director and the management teams to provide an integrated service in all aspects of HSEQ management to all business unit activities, (including JV's), across Ireland.
This will involve the development and delivery of strategic plans and objectives that support both operational requirements and the Group's governance and assurance framework for health, safety, environmental and quality management.
Your new HSEQ Manager Role:
- Provide leadership across the business unit on the development of effective and proactive strategies for managing HSEQ risks, and for improving HSEQ performance.
- Ensure that HSEQ Management systems are in place across the business, including assessment of current systems, amendment, and continuous updating to standards and improvements of HSEQ management systems across the business.
- Provide leadership support to operational directors in the investigation and resolution of HSEQ accidents and incidents.
- Prepare reports on Health & Safety matters for the attention of the Managing Director, Directors, Company Boards and HS Committees.
- Review, audit, and co-ordinate the HS, Env, Qty systems in compliance with ISO Standards e.g. HS 45001, Environment 14001, Quality 9001, and Sustainability 50001.
- Support the management of operational bids through leading on the development of HSEQ strategies and responses.
- Contribute to the wider strategic, operational, financial, and commercial management within the Business unit.
- Engage with other HSEQ professionals in the business to ensure that good and poor HSEQ practice is communicated effectively to encourage continual improvement.
- Work with Business unit directors and Human Resources to develop and implement an effective HSEQ training and competency framework.
- Play an active role in the business contributing to the development of HSEQ policy and improvement programmes.
- Provide direction and support for project-based HSEQ personnel, ensuring alignment with BU and Group HSEQ requirements.
- Proactively assess any commercial opportunities for the delivery of fee-earning HSEQ services to existing and potential client groups.
What you need to succeed as an EHS Manager;
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualifications/experience
- Third Level qualification in Civil Engineering or similar related field
- Chartered status or working towards Chartered status with the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH).
- Associate member of IEMA (or equivalent qualifications / experience)
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of HSEQ generalist skills.
- Sound working knowledge of HSEQ law and relevant sector-specific HSEQ standards in relation to civil engineering, highways operations and maintenance including traffic management standards, the operation of construction plant & T M equipment.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of ISO 45001,14001,9001,50001 Standards and practical experience in the effective implementation of these ISO standards.
- Project Management Experience would be desirable.
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career within Health & Safety, then please contact James Manley on 02890 313 720 for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.
James Manley is a dedicated Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist at Vickerstock Technical and Engineering Recruitment. He is based in Belfast, Northern Ireland, and recruits all roles in the Health and Safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor and Officer across the Island of Ireland.
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.