Hides & Skin Supervisor
Posted 9th October £ 20,000 - £ 30,000 Dungannon, County Tyrone # PM898037
Hides & Skin Supervisor | Dungannon
Job Ref: PM898037
Vickerstock are currently working in partnership with one of Europe's Leading Food Companies based in Dungannon with the recruitment of a Hides & Skin Supervisor
Your new role:
As the successful Hides & Skin Supervisor you will be responsible for ensuring hides and skins and any other products are received, preserved and despatched according to customer and legal requirements
Your duties and responsibilities
- Plan production to ensure materials are supplied to operatives, products are correctly preserved (chilled, salted), and despatched as per customer requirements.
- Reconcile stocks of all products on a daily and weekly basis and report any discrepancies.
- Report all product defects to relevant suppliers
- Ensuring hides and skins are trimmed, sorted, graded and preserved for further processing other general duties as required;
- Ensure quality standards are adhered to at all times;
- Ensure all departments conform to company codes of practice, policies and statutory legislation
- Co-ordinate operatives within the Hides Division and ensure they comply with legislative and customer requirements regarding health, safety, hygiene
What you will need to succeed
As Hides & Skin Supervisor you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum of 3 recent years' management experience within a primary processing /agricultural environment
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of people management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills.
- Strong IT skills
- Higher level qualification in a food or business related discipline.
- Flexible approach and prepared to work additional hours when required to meet customer demand.
What we hope you do next:
Please contact Paul to discuss this in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page.
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.