Health and Safety Officer
Posted 6th September negotiable Belfast, County Antrim # JM899024
Health and Safety Officer
£30,000 to £35,000
Leading Construction Company based in Belfast operating across a diverse portfolio of projects are looking to hire a Health and Safety Officer.
The role will be working in partnership with the Company's Infrastructure and Maintenance operational teams.
The Health and Safety Officer will support the HSE & Sustainability Manager in delivering an integrated service in all aspects of HSE management, including supporting the development and delivery of strategic plans and objectives that support both operational requirements and the Group's governance and assurance framework for health, safety, environmental and quality management.
What you'll do:
The following reflect the main tasks associated with your position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive:
- Plan, implement and manage a programme of regular health, safety, quality and environmental (HSQE) inspections and audits of projects, recommend appropriate controls, and produce reports on compliance.
- Assist the implementation and management of a programme of regular (HSQE) inspections and audits of Supply Chain Partners to ensure compliance with Company requirements.
- Assist with HSQE training, including professionally accredited courses both internally and externally.
- Assist in the collation of the Division's waste management statistics and documentation from service providers.
- Support the continual review and development of the Company's Integrated Management System in compliance with ISO:9001, ISO:14001 and ISO:45001.
- Support the ongoing development and implementation of best practice.
- Provide HSQE support to Contracts Managers. Projects Managers and Supervisors and Supply Chain Partners on all projects including HSENI notifiable projects, minor works, planned preventive maintenance and reactive works.
- Provide advice to Contracts Managers and Supply Chain Partners on the development of site health and safety plans and method statements in accordance with CDM Regulations.
- Support Project Supervisors, Site Managers and Operatives in the implementation of site plans, risk assessments, controls, procedures, and Client protocols.
- Ensure that Management are informed of any non-compliances immediately.
- Provide HSQE services to Clients and suppliers to contribute to the growth and development of income producing services.
- Contribute to the Group HSQE initiatives and attend meetings, internally and externally.
- Collate and analysis of statistical information for HSQE key performance indicators and associated reports including requirements for sustainability.
- Other duties as may be required from time to time depending
In addition to the above criteria the candidate should display the following key competencies which are essential for the role:
- Demonstrable experience working in the Construction or Facilities Management industry or similar.
- Demonstrable experience undertaking regular HSQE site inspections and audits and producing reports.
- Excellent IT skills that include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- The ability to work effectively both as part of a team and as an individual.
- Possess a third level qualification in a related course such as BSc degree in Construction Engineering and management or equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of HSEQ legislation for the construction industry
- A proven record for preparation of H & S Plans, Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Hold a full valid driving licence
- Can effectively manage a quality management system.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering a range of class-based training courses, including accredited training.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent with evidence of continuing development.
- Experience managing asbestos in the built environment.
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career within Health & Safety, then please contact James Manley on 02890 313 720 for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.
James Manley is a dedicated Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist at Vickerstock Technical and Engineering Recruitment. He is based in Belfast, Northern Ireland, and recruits all roles in the Health and Safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor and Officer across the Island of Ireland.
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.