Health and Safety Manager
Posted 12th October negotiable County Armagh # JM899070
Health and Safety Manager - Island of Ireland
Storage, Warehousing & Logistics
Vickerstock are delighted to be working with one of Ireland's largest providers of Storage, Warehousing and Logistics, servicing primarily the Food industry.
The business is seeking to recruit an experienced Health and Safety Manager (IOI), to ensure the effective implementation of the Health and Safety Policies across all sites in Ireland.
Based from their site in Northern Ireland, this role will also cover Monaghan and Dublin.
The role involves:
- Ensure site specific Health and Safety Policies are in place, communicated and updated, in line with the Group Health and Safety Policy
- Hold Managers and Supervisors at all levels to account for the performance of their operations
- Promote a culture of safety through actions, communications and Behavioural-Based Safety training
- Establish, co-ordinate and chair Health and Safety Committees on each site
- Conduct site safety tours and regular audits on each site to ensure ongoing compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements
- Manage and update Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work (SSOWs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Manage and review site systems e.g. Traffic Management Systems, Fire Safety Audits etc
- Ensure Fire and Ammonia Evacuation Procedures are in place and drills take place on each site at the required frequency and are documented
- Monitor, co-ordinate and arrange specific training e.g. Induction, FLT, First Aid, Manual Handling, Fire Warden etc according to the needs of each site
- Ensure all employees receive appropriate Health and Safety training at annual intervals as a minimum
- Co-ordinate and audit equipment checks e.g. daily start up checks for FLTs
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations e.g. PUWER, LOLER, DSEAR, DSE etc
- Tracks and reports on H&S KPIs and metrics as required by Senior Management Team and Group
- Be the Company liaison with relevant statutory bodies in UK and ROI
- Identify and implement pro-active accident prevention strategies
What are we looking for in the person?
- Language: fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Min 8 years operational Health and Safety experience at least 5 of which must be at a management level.
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health as a minimum
- Must be fully compliant with all legal requirements UK and ROI.
- High energy profile, result oriented, calm under pressure, not easily distracted.
- Ability to build strong stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Proactive and pragmatic with strong analytical skills.
- Extremely comfortable in a multi country and multi culture business environment.
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact James Manley on 02890 313 720 for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through
James Manley is a dedicated Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist at Vickerstock Technical and Engineering Recruitment. He is based in Belfast, Northern Ireland, and recruits all roles in the Health and Safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor and Officer across the Island of Ireland and Globally.
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.