Salary: Competitive plus great company benefits package (pension, life assurance, gym membership etc)
Vickerstock are currently recruiting for an Estimator for a leading contractor based in Belfast.
Our client is a highly successful contractor within the local U.K. market who deliver quality solutions for clients across project types which include Civil Engineering, Utilities & infrastructure.
Due to continued expansion and a healthy project pipeline they have an opportunity for an experienced Estimator to Join their team.
As an experienced Estimator with experience across either civil engineering or building sectors for a contractor you will be joining an employer of choice locally who will encourage your professional development and offer an industry competitive package.
- To act as the estimator throughout the full life cycle of the tender process and manage the compilation of the tender submission
- Assisting with Final accounts and monthly valuations
- Sourcing and assessing supplier and sub contract quotations
- Making sure of the most advantageous terms to the Company in compliance with any specific contract requirements
- Review and comment on design options and report findings and recommendations on cost, quality and availability during the tender process
- Work and liaise closely with other members of the team including pre-construction, commercial and site operations teams in the preparations of tenders, ensuring the highest level of quality in the tender and efficient completion of final accounts in the best interest of the client.
- All other duties as required
- A 3rd level qualification in a Building/Construction, Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying related discipline or be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of experience. (desirable not essential)
- Must have worked as an Estimator for Building Main Contractor or civil engineering contractor
- A proven track record in an estimating role with full responsibility for the bidding process from enquiry stage to final submission
For a confidential discussion on this, or any other vacancy in the construction sector contact Melody Humphreys on 02890 313 720
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.