Posted 5th November £ 25,000 - £ 30,000 County Tyrone # PM898015
Vickerstock are working in partnership with a leading food manufacturing organisation based in Dungannon - currently undergoing a period of further growth and who invest heavily in R&D - to recruit a Development Chef.
Reporting to Head Development Chef the successful applicant will be responsible for the New Product Development (NPD) projects from concept to launch and Existing Product Development (EPD). You will conduct Research, Technology and Innovation aimed at strategically moving the business forward ahead of its competitors.
Your new role as Development Chef:
- Work in the kitchen area as a development chef and deliver products from concept to launch for all products produced for the retailers of own brand products.
- Assist with recipe development and product demonstration trials and presenting to customers during retailer visits
- Assist with the development of new ranges whilst ensuring the existing portfolio is performing well, tweaking products to reflect changes in the market, ingredients or costs
- Analysing current market trends and data in line with category insights, identifying gaps in the market and translating findings into business opportunities
- Liaising with Production and Technical teams to ensure your products are manufactured successfully without compromising on taste and quality
- Create innovative new recipes to grow existing product range
- Re-engineer existing recipes, sourcing new ingredients and building supplier relationships
- Detail customer specifications, costings, processes etc.
- Conduct regular benchmark trials, ensuring all products meet legislative guidelines
- Represent the company in front of customers, developing and improving upon current products.
What you will need to proceed:
- 3rd Level qualification in Food Science, Culinary Innovation or a related subject
- Proven experience in a food manufacturing innovation, development or NPD role, developing new recipes and products in line with company objectives
- Demonstrable ability to take product concepts from customers and deliver a successful product for production
- A passion for cooking with excellent presentation skills
- Customer facing experience
- Good knowledge of HACCP, BRC and Health & Safety standards
- Excellent communication skills
What we have to offer:
- Industry competitive salary
- Nest pension
- Progressive business - opportunity to make significant contribution towards new product range
- Free Parking
What we hope you do next:
Please contact Paul to discuss the Supply Chain Manager in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page
Similar job titles: NPD Manager, Chef, R&D Technologist, NPD Chef, Brand Development Chef
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.