Assistant Production Manager
Posted 15th July £ 30,000 - £ 30,000 Belfast, County Antrim # PM897319
Assistant Production Manager Ref 897319| Belfast
Vickerstock are currently working on behalf of our long established Food Manufacturing Client to recruit for an Assistant Production Manager to join their team based in Belfast.
Working closely with the Production team, Customers, Engineering, Supply chain and employees this will be a hands-on role. You will take the lead in driving a Food Safety Culture throughout the site working proactively and collaboratively with production colleagues to ensure delivery of quality commitments to customers.
Your new role as an Assistant Production Manager:
- Production Scheduling.
- Supporting the Food Safety and Quality across site to include plant hygiene, housekeeping and pest control.
- Supervising employees
- Driving the Food Safety Culture forwards as part of the HACCP team.
- Ensuring all finished product is within specification and fit for use.
- Ensuring all mill HACCP records are completed and up to date
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and various quality system auditors.
- Document control and filing records.
- Active member of the Internal Auditing team.
- Supporting the Production, Technical, Laboratory & Customer Service departments during holidays as required.
The following responsibilities will have to be carried out, as necessary, when providing cover in the absence of the Production Manager / Operations Manager
- Optimising performance, including minimising unplanned downtime, maximising throughput and extraction whilst maintaining finished product quality and functionality.
- Health and Safety | Site Security | Fire Safety.
- Pest Control
- Plant Hygiene
- Ordering of raw materials and consumables.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and auditors.
What you will need to succeed as an Assistant Production Manager:
- Excellent People skills - building relationships, cross functional interaction, leading team.
- Ability to help deliver change.
- People development and performance management
- Ability to make decisions, help develop strategy and drive an agenda forward
- Self-starter with an ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Good knowledge of industry standards
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office package
- Willingness to engage with all departments and undergo training to become a multi-skilled member of the team.
- Willingness to undertake Correspondence courses in Flour Milling over a 3 year period.
- Formal Qualification in a Food Science or related area
- Proven Supervisory or Management position within Food Manufacturing with strong emphasis on Food Safety and Quality
What we have to offer:
- circa £30K depending on experience
- Hours: Monday to Thursday 8.30 am - 4.45 pm, Friday 8.30 am - 4.00 pm (flexibility required including weekends as necessary)
- 33 days holidays (inc. 8 stats)
- Company pension scheme membership.
- Free parking
Contact Paul Muir to discuss this in absolute confidence or send an updated CV via the link on the page
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.