09.05.14 · Industry News
Effective CVs - While an effective CV won’t guarantee success, a poor one can seriously diminish your chances of being offered an interview or job.
While an effective CV won’t guarantee success, a poor one can seriously diminish your chances of being offered an interview or job.
Here are a few things to bear in mind when writing your CV:
- Remember that a CV is a primary means of demonstrating communication skills. Good communication is highly valued by employers.
- Keep it simple and relevant
- Be truthful: highlight your strengths and any key achievements.
- Include your training and qualifications, in particular any modules or specialisms that relate to the role you are interested in.
- Include any jobs or work placement experience which have helped you to develop an awareness of the world of work, even if this experience is not directly related to engineering.
- Proof read - ask someone else to read your CV and check for typos.